30 July 2023

Fresh Goods Sunday - Mountain Equipment Kinesis Mens Jacket


This is none Cycling Fresh Goods Sunday item but still an outdoors item. I was not after anymore jackets / coats but when we were last over in the Keswick we had a look through the clearance sale items in the basement area. I come across this jacket and thought I like the look of that. I use Mountain Equipment trousers ever day during the winter months for work and non work outdoor pleasure. I cannot fault them and I am onto my second pair. The quality and construction is excellent so thought I would give this jacket a go. Again the quality of construction, materials, design and features are all excellent. In fact there is nothing else I would like to see on the jacket. You would think because it is so light weight it would not keep you warm or dry but if the temperature is not too cold it defo keeps you warm and keeps most of any wind chill factor off your upper body. It also showerproof to a certain degree. When we had the dry spell in Spring where I used this nearly jacket every week when out n about with just a base layer or technical t shirt on underneath. If you do get too warm you can fold the jacket back in on its self within the pocket for easy storage. It has not been cold enough to wear it under any of my of my softshell or Goretex jackets but says it can be used as a mid layer. I can understand why the asking price is so high and would have been dubious about spending that amount on such a jacket but in my eyes is you shop around and get some discount it is a fantastic jacket for the money. It comes in several colours and loads of different sizes. I have not washed it yet so cannot comment on that side of things. 

RRP £180.00 and I paid £90.00 from George Fisher, Keswick. Discount 50% 

Manufacturers Blurb - 

A superfast drying action layer that combines warmth and weather protection for the most demanding climbing and mountaineering.

Balancing the moisture transfer required for running up exposed ice fields with the durability needed for rock climbing in the high mountains. The specially developed Octayarn Warp-knit lining offers insulation you can move fast in, combined with rapid drying that will be appreciated on one day sprints and multi-day missions alike.

  • Lightweight HeliumAP outer fabric with mechanical stretch; highly breathable and wind resistant
  • Octayarn Warp-knit lining for exceptional insulation, breathability and comfort
  • Mountain HC Hood is fully adjustable
  • Active fit with articulated and pre-shaped sleeves
  • 2-way YKK® moulded centre front zip
  • 2 zipped hand pockets and Napoleon chest pocket
  • Adjustable cuffs and dual tether hem drawcords
  • Packs into pocket with twin karabiner carry loops
  • Weight : 360g/ 12.7oz
  • 100% Polyamide outer, 100% Polyester inner



















No comments:

Post a Comment