23 July 2023

Fresh Goods Sunday - TTP Racing Adjustable Rear Bike Stand

 


I bought this stand a good few months ago from Decathlon in Gateshead to replace a very similar stand I have been using for many years from The Edinburgh Bike Coop. My old stand has been used to support loads of my different bikes over the years from road, gravel, mtb, e bikes, fat bikes you name it. I used the stand for washing all my bikes, general maintenance / small repairs which do not require my full Park Tool stand to be erected. The one thing I find this type of stand useful is for lubricating / oiling the drivetrain on bikes. It lifts the rear wheel off the ground and you can still turn the cranks. Over the years the legs / feet on my old stand have become bent / weak and my bikes were wobbly whilst in the stand. I did a Google search to see if  The Edinburgh Bike Coop still sold them with there name on but no, but Raleigh distribute a very similar stand but is hard to get hold of. I cannot remember how I come across this one from Decathlon but I checked stock on their website and Gateshead had one in stock. 
The TTP stand is very similar in design but a lot more sturdy and stronger. It weighs more but that is not an issue. It is easy to assemble one with no tools but if you want to adjust one or both of the hooks which your rear stays sit in you will require a spanner/socket/adjustable spanner. I checked a few of my different bikes in the stand and I did not need to adjust the hooks.The hooks are rubber coated to try and prevent damage to your paintwork / finish. I have been using the stand for washing, oiling and repairing all my bikes and all my bikes are very stable and have had no problems with the stand. The rrp is very acceptable for what you get and the quality is very good. On the downside it is not foldable if you don't have a lot of spare storage space but you can loosen the bottom bolt and pull it apart. 

RRP £17.99 and I paid £17.99 from Decathlon, Gateshead. 

Manufacturers blurb - 

This bike stand allows you to store your bike on the ground by hooking it into the base at the rear. Highly practical, it can easily be moved or carried.

Simple and adjustable.

Colour: black
Width: 260 mm
Depth: 340 mm
Height: 625mm
Minimum space between the two mounting hooks: 100mm
Maximum space between the two mounting hooks: 220mm
Supports mounted using a nut (supplied)
Advice: For adjustments, measure the height between the tubes on your rear stay and adapt the position of the lower stand hook (upper hook position is fixed). Once this adjustment has been made, you can position your bike on the stand on the ground.

Warranty 2 years
















No comments:

Post a Comment