27 July 2023

Wet, wet, wet & up the naff's - British Summer riding in Durhams finest cutting paste

 


I must say that I question my sanity at times. The forecast was a very mixed bag from dry spells to mainly lashing rain but I am back on my 100mile a week target and was up early. I joined onto the old railway line at Langley Park and headed off up to Consett with a spit of rain in the air all the way up. Just before the junction the heavens started to open. I was hoping to get further up the old railway line towards Parkhead but it was lashing down. I turned and headed straight back down. By now the lines were soaking, puddles and plenty of mud / gravel cutting paste. The rain had stopped my bell from working some how not that I needed it much as my disc brakes were squealing like pigs on steroids. There was hardly sole out on the lines on the way back, don't blame them! By the time I got back I was sprayed in mud from head to toe and soaked through. It took longer to clean up than that I was out. Not to worry another 20 miles off this weeks target with 750ft of climbing. Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon if it ever stops raining. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment