21 July 2023

Horrible ride down & around Durham- Wasp sting in face, raining , cold & hawthorn hedges have been whacked

 


I said to myself at the start of the week that I was going to get back onto my 100mile target per week again and so far this week it has been ok. Today I set off in the dry but by the time I got down to Durham there was a few heavy spots of rain and it went dark, not that it was that bright in the first place. It was cold with a stiff breeze making it feel even colder. Once I was heading towards Maiden Castle the heavens opened, just as well I put my GoreWear winter jacket on before leaving. On the way back around Durham before heading home I felt something hit me in the face, thought it was a bunch of fly's at first then I could feel that I had been stung in the face, it was wasps. The pain was unreal but thought it would calm down after a while but no so I headed home sharpish. On the way back up through Frankland the rain stopped and the tracks n trails were bone dry! With all the recent rain the overgrowth at the side of the tracks is unreal and its getting very narrow in places and on top of that its hedge whacking time in Durham area again. All in 16 miles with 700ft of climbing. Enjoy the few snaps below and hopefully more soon but probably not this weekend as from this afternoon we have three days of solid rain! 












No comments:

Post a Comment