30 July 2023

A wet, windy and cold Transmitters road ride - Burnhope & Pontop Pike

 


After Thursday's wash out ride I gave it a miss on Friday and yesterday but I was back out again this morning. After heavy overnight rain I decided to keep to the road this time. I set off and it was very windy, 20mph but it was dry. Once I got over Beamish way the heavens opened and I got a little soaking but the wind blew the rain shower away. By now the Garmin was hovering just over 10 degrees! The roads and back country lanes were lovely and quiet early Sunday morning. When I reached Pontop Pike the sun was trying to come out but the wind was getting stronger. By the time I got back home the sun had come out and the Garmin had shot up to 17+ degrees. I had to get in more than 31 miles to reach my 100 mile weekly target so that had gone by and got 36 miles in with 2800ft of climbing with an average speed of 14.9mph which was not bad considering the headwind. Time to give the bike a light wash, dry, lube and charge. Below are a few snaps from the ride, the route map and a couple of short video clips, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 
















No comments:

Post a Comment