8 July 2023

Early Saturday morning road ride around Derwentside Hills inc Pontop Pike & Burnhope in the heat

 


It was time I was back out on my road bike for a local loop. I was up out and early this morning before the temperature ramped up too high, forecasted 26 degrees with the thunder storms starting at 11am for the rest of the day. The heat was alright when I left before 6 am but by the time I got back in its was baking hot in the sun. There was still a breeze so the air was not too stagnant. The roads and country lanes were lovely and quiet for the whole ride but I had one very close pass climbing out of Sacriston going through Daisy Hill, I touch his wing mirror as he was passing me! I was one of my regular loops but with a couple of different sections / twists to the route. Below are a few snaps from the ride. All in 35 miles with 2700ft of climbing. Enjoy and hopefully more soon- 






















No comments:

Post a Comment