25 July 2023

Another road loop over in Hamsterley inc Woodland, Copley etc

 


Well what a weekend of rain that was. The forecast was defo right, don't think it stopped from Friday afternoon until Monday morning. We had a look down to Stokesley for a look around / some shopping on Saturday. We called in past Westbrook Cycles for a look around the shop and a talk with Mark M. They have loads of stock in and a good selection of clothing / accessories etc. On the way back we called in past NRG Cycles which in comparison had very little stock of anything in, looks like they are closing down! we had a lovely cuppa out of Greggs next door before a rather wet drive back up the A19. Sunday I did not cross the door! 
No time for a ride yesterday but today I was up and out on the bike before 6am for a road loop around Hamsterley, Woodlands, Copley, Morley, Highlands & Toft Hill. It was a similar route to last week but I added an extra loop on which was an additional 3.5 miles. I thought the roads would have been quiet as the school holidays have started but there was more traffic this week than last week. When I am talking traffic there must have been around half a dozen cars passed me. All in 23.50 miles with 1900ft of climbing in 1hr 30min. It started off overcast / cloudy with the Garmin reading 8.4 degrees but the sun did come out and it warmed up slightly. I still had three top layers on and my arm warmers. The bike and myself went well and I am looking to extend the loop again if I have more spare time. Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 







No comments:

Post a Comment