4 July 2023

A very long over due spin around Hamsterley Forest & the Moors

 


Apologies for the lack of blogs recently but I have not been out on my bikes, between the very mixed weather, lack of motivation and very busy at work I have not managed to drag myself out. But today I made an effort as the forecast was for a sunrise and a good couple of hours of sun before clouding over and showers for the rest of the day. I was up and out very early and had Bedburn car park all to myself! I took the old Cube e mtb for a very long over due spin around Hamsterely Forest and overs the moors. It was quite windy and the Garmin was hovering around 11 - 12 degrees but I did not feel the cold. Once in the forest you don't get that much wind so is ideal but on the exposed moors sections it is wide open and exposed to every type of weather. Nothing much has changed up at the forest since I last rode it a couple of years ago. I did not do all the official trail route sections. I mixed in my own sections and some fire roads to get some miles / climbing in. Some of the Black sections were just too rough and tree rootie for my old body / hardtail. Most of the Red sections that I did were all rideable and some were smoother than the last time I rode them. I only bumped into one other cyclist and a dog walker. All in just under 20 miles with 2500ft of climbing and I had two bars left on the Bosch 500 battery. Below are a few snaps from the spin out, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 
























No comments:

Post a Comment