17 July 2023

Another trip over to Hamsterley inc Woodland, Copley etc- Road Ride this time

 


Apologies for the lack of blogs last week but I have had some time off the bike. I will post a Blog of what we have been up to over the weekend - day trip to Berwick Upon Tweed and a Trail Running Race at Stanhope. 
I am back on the bike now and I took my Spec Creo which is set up for the road out today. I worked out a rough circular loop in my head and by looking at my old routes I have done using some of the roads in and around Hamsterley Forest and surrounding villages. I set off very early and the country back lanes were dead and I did not seeing any vehicles for many miles. The sun was mainly out but real nippy with the Garmin reading 7 degrees! and yesterdays near 40mph wind had died right down. All the roads around this area are pretty much either up or down with some flattish ones connecting them up. In the end it was just over 20 miles so I was back and changed ready for work at 7.30am. I climbed nearly 1600ft over the 20 miles and stopped and took a few snaps, see below, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 


















No comments:

Post a Comment