26 July 2023

A warmer spin around Co Durham's old railway lines - Stanley Crook

 


It was a much warmer start to todays ride with the Garmin reading just over 13 degrees and there was sort of a sunrise. I hoped onto the old railway line at Langley Moor from the cycle track from Witton Gilbert. I headed to Broom Park picnic area and went straight on up to Ushaw Moor, Esh Winning, Waterhouses and up the last long climb to Stanley Crook. It was lovely and quiet very hardly a sole kicking around early doors. Once at the top it was a turn and burn and headed straight back down the hill watching the corners and soft muddy sections. I did a small extra loop at Langley Park to make the route 25 miles. Considering the rain yesterday afternoon and overnight the lines were not too wet but I have refitted my Ass Saver mudguards back onto both my Creo's, Trek and Cube. All in 25 miles with just over a 1000ft of climbing. Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 










No comments:

Post a Comment