10 July 2023

Hamsterley Forest - All quiet apart from wildlife this time

 


Another week and back to Hamsterley Forest for a spin around the tracks n trails on the Cube e mtb hardtail. With heavy rain the evening before and through the night everything was soaking wet in the forest. The tracks n trails were ok just a few puddles here and there. It was mainly sunny but overcast at times and cool with all the moisture in the air. As I have said before nearly every time I go to Hamsterley I never see any wildlife apart from an odd bird if I am lucky, well on todays ride it was the complete opposite. It was very early in the morning and I seen a baby deer, full sized deer, rabbits, birds, squirrel and last but not least a snake - adder. It was only a baby one which was coiled up on a branch at the side of the track right out the back warming up in the sun. By the time I got my camera out and I moved so I was not casing a shadow on it, it just slithered away into the undergrowth. As for humans well not one cyclist and only one dog walker. I kept within the forests boundary and did a different route to last week and managed to get some sections of the Red Route in. All in 20 miles with just under 2000ft feet of climbing. I have posted a photo of the route at the bottom of the blog. Enjoy the photos and hopefully more soon- 













Click on the photo to make it bigger, just caught the tail of the snake before it went into the under growth 







No comments:

Post a Comment