29 June 2023

A loop in and out of Hamsterley Forest to Hilltop / Egglestone

 


I have had a couple of days off the bike as my legs were getting tired so they were hopefully recovered for todays ride. The forecast was for a sunrise at 4.30am but that did not happen. I did a loop dropping into Hamsterley Forest, along the The Grove link track then onto the fire road all the way through, up and out of the forest. The forest was very quiet, never seen a sole or any wildlife of any description. I then dropped onto the B6278 and turned left and through Hilltop & Egglestone. There was hardly a car on the road at that time of morning. By now the sun had come through but was still cold, the Garmin was reading just under 10 degrees! I had three tops on and my arm warmers. At the top of the climb I turned left onto the B6282 then the back road down back into Hamsterley Forest / Blackling Hole. I did another section through the forest and back onto the road and dropped back into Hamsterley village. I had a strong tail wind nearly all the way back on the exposed road sections. The temperature had gone up as well so I was warmed nicely. All in 24.5 mile with 2200ft of climbing. Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 






















No comments:

Post a Comment