21 June 2023

Another very hot and windy ride up to Stanley Crook on the gravel bike

 


No ride yesterday as the heavens opened and by god did they open. It was chucking down for most of the day but today it dried up again and the sun came out. I did one of my regular loops on a couple of Co Durham's old railway lines with a short road section between Willington & Crook. The climb out of Crook up to Stanley Crook was savage as the temperature on the Garmin was 28 degrees but I had a tailwind. The descent off the other side was in the shade and the temperature dropped to 22 degrees. The lines were still damp but no big puddles. There was plenty of loose gravel sections from the washouts of the storms. There was not that many others out so was fast going. I had my head down so did not take too many photos. Total miles 17.5 miles with just under a 100ft of climbing. Enjoy and hopefully more soon- 







No comments:

Post a Comment