4 August 2023

Another wet, cold and semi up the naff's ride along the old railway lines

 


What a shit week it has been, not been out on the bike for one reason or another. The weather has been, well lets say wet! Today I finished early and it stopped raining so I decided to head out on my gravel bike along the old railway line to Consett. I said to myself if it starts raining to turn and head back. Well I got to Lanchester and it went dark and the rain started, I turned and headed back down the line. The Garmin was reading 11 degrees! It was dry again around Langley Park and brightened up slightly so kept going down to Broom Park picnic area then up the line towards Ushaw Moor but again went dark and started raining. So I turned and headed back but the rain must have followed me down from Consett way and I got another good soaking for the last 4 miles. The rain and mud was not as bad as last Friday but it was nearly a repeat experience. As you can imagine there was not many others out and about. All in just over 20 miles with just under 500ft of climbing. 
Not sure I will get out tomorrow as the forecast is rain for the whole entire day in fact nearly 24 hours solid with no dry gap in sight. The rest of August is not looking much better. 







No comments:

Post a Comment