6 August 2023

Whey hey its finally stopped raining = Local road ride taking in some hills, wind turbines and transmitters

 


After yesterdays all day downpour it has finally stopped raining here in Co Durham. The sun was even forecasted for three hours so why not make the most of it and not get soaked for a change. I was up and out by 7am and it was real cold with the Garmin hovering around 9 degrees and there was stiff wind by but the sun was out and the roads were drying up. I had a look at my Garmin Connect last night for some ideas on a local road route which was around 40-50 miles with some climbs in. I had a rough route in my head but as ever with me I just tend to make it up as I go along. The roads were lovely and quiet this morning and no really closes passes which makes a change. After a few climbs and photos at various transmitters the temperature finally started to rise and at one point I rolled down my arm warmers. On that note I had my 3/4 bib knickers on as it was that cold. Below are a few snaps from the ride including a short video clip and the route map. All in just under 51 miles in 3hrs 28 mins with 3500ft of climbing. Enjoy and hopefully more soon- 
















No comments:

Post a Comment