23 August 2023

Dont worry I am back and out on the bike again.

 


Apologies for no blogs the last couple of weeks but I have not been out on the bike etc. I have been busy around Angus's house with external works causing my back and knee to go off and I have been really busy at work and still am until around mid September. This has the been the longest I have been off the bike since I can remember but in a way I have not missed it until I swung my leg back over again today. 
So today I made the decision to drag my bum out early and have a ride on the Creo gravel bike. It must have been another wet and muddy ride the last time I used the bike as it is covered in dried on mud / grit. I must have charged the battery though and a quick pump up of the tyres, lubed the drivetrain and it was ready to go again. There was sort of a sunrise but then clouded over and was nippy in places with the light wind. The Garmin was hovering around 10-12 degrees for most of the ride. The route was mainly based on Co Durham old railway lines with some inter linking road sections. The lines were mainly dry but there is some sections that are massively washed out with the recent rain storms leaving a good 6" deep rut down them. If you get your front wheel stuck in the rut it will be over the handlebar job, not too mention the sections of 2-3" loose washed out gravel which sucks your wheels out in every direction. It was quiet apart from a horse which the rider had very little control over and took over a mile to pass where I had to get off and push my bike past, all part of the fun. All in 37 miles with 1800ft of climbing. Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 

























No comments:

Post a Comment