27 August 2023

A ride of two halves cold / hot, cloudy / sunny, rain / dry local road loop - Pontop Pike & Burnhope

 


Yesterday me & Jane had a day out down to Richmond, Catterick & Leyburn so no time for a bike ride. This morning though I thought I would drag the Creo road bike out for a spin. It started off overcast, cloudy and 7 degrees with a slight breeze. The last few morning it has ben around 7 or 8 degrees, not good for end of August really. It was one of my regular local loops with a couple of extra / different sections chucked in. The roads were lovely and quiet but very damp in places after yesterdays / last nights rain. The higher I was climbing the higher the temperature was reaching but it also started to rain. You could only see half of Pontop Pike transmitter due to the low level cloud. By the time I reached Annfield Plain the sun was trying to get out, it had stopped raining so that brighten the ride up a little. Below are a few snaps from the ride, not that many as I did not stop too often. All in 38.20 miles in 2hrs 36 min with just under 2800ft of climbing. Enjoy and hopefully more soon- 















No comments:

Post a Comment