30 August 2022

Spin from Consett to Langley Park on the old Railway Lines

 


Well that's the last of the Bank holiday weekends over with for another year As normal the weather was not great, overcast and cloudy with a couple of rain showers. We had a walk down to the Classic motor show in Durham. It was quite busy but they could have had loads more cars / vehicles there. We also had a walk up and down Silver street, what a complete and utter shit hole, worse than North road and that takes some beating. Durham County Council should be ashamed on themselves for letting it go like this. We had a cuppa and cake in the coffee shop at Cathedral, there prices have shot up! 
Anyway todays ride was back in the sunshine but still cool, around 12 degrees. I think Durham has had its summer now and looking at the forecast from this Friday its 10 days of solid wall to wall rain. Anyway back to todays ride I was up in Consett so thought I would have a ride up to Parkhead n back but my legs were not feeling it so turned left at the junction and head down to Langley Park instead. It easy going downhill but once I turned at 10 miles it all up for the return leg. I kept my head down never stopped once , apart for traffic at road crossing. I was only 29 seconds slower coming back! All in 20 miles on the nose with 800ft of climbing. Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon - 











No comments:

Post a Comment