13 August 2022

Misty then sunny hot ride around Durham, Maiden Castle & Houghall Woods on the e mtb

 


Well I had my road bike looked out and ready last night with a rough route planned in my head but when I woke this morning it was very misty and could not get out on the road, the visibility was too poor. I waited a while and it did not lift much so dragged the e mtb out for a spin. Once I was nearly in Durham the mist had burnt off and the sun was out, bloody typical. It was red hot with no wind / breeze. I did not have my suntan cream on and I had swapped my lenses for clear ones! Anyway not too worry I headed over to Maiden Castle and into Houghall woods for some fun on the singletrack. I had fitted the new tyres earlier on in the week and they are very tacky and the dust / gravel was sticking to them and flying everywhere. I also fitted my new grips and had on my new Findra socks as well. The tracks n trails were busy as it was after 10am by now and the summer holiday folk milling around so I just took it steady. All in just under 16 miles in 1hr 24 min with 850ft of climbing. Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 























No comments:

Post a Comment