21 August 2022

Fresh Goods Sunday - KMC X11 DLC SL 11 Speed chain Blue / Black

 


This is the second KMC X11 DLC SL chain I have bought now. I fitted the first one on my Creo set up for the road in red / black colour option. I have never had any problems since fitting the chain but my road bike does not do as nearly as many miles as my gravel Creo. They are both the same but this time I went for the blue / black colour option as most of the pats / frameset is blue / black. To be honest the chain is too bling for the bike / mileage I do. A £30 model would probably be just as good in performance but not as nice looking. I am not one for degreasing a chain after ever ride and lube chains up once they are to run dry. I thought you would not be able to see the blue sections after a few rides as I mainly use a wet / thicker lube on my gravel bike which attracts more dirt / dust. But the blue is still visible and I give a good degrease with Fenwick's foaming degreaser every month or so. Performance wise as long as you keep is well lubricated it is very smooth running and changes up and down the cassette with ease. Time will tell if its last as long as my previous chains on e bikes. Fitting is the smae as most modern chains now with a missing link as long as you have some chain pliers for stretching the link once fitted onto the chain. 

RRP £98.99 and I paid £79.80 from Bikediscount de 

Manufacturers blurb - 

DLC Technology

Our Titanium-Carbon-Nitride coated chains have an extremely hard surface, reducing friction and wear. As a result, they offer excellent shifting performance and a smooth transmission. Our high-end pin is another feature to reach the best possible durability.

Size: 1/2" X 11/128""
Colour: Black/Blue
Pin Length: 5.65 mm
Weight per 110 links: 227 g
Length: 118 Links
  • Compatible with all 11-Speed derailleur systems
  • Diamond Like Coating
  • Perfect shifting thanks to Double X-Bridge
  • Slotted inner- and outer plates and hollow pins
  • Includes a Missing Link
  • Durability: 









No comments:

Post a Comment