27 August 2022

A early morning Gravel ride around Co Durham's tracks n trails


Well after five days off the bike I was chomping at the bit to get back out again so last night I got the gravel Creo ready and all my kit. This morning it was just a case of jumping into my kit and slinging my leg over the saddle and I was out on the trails before 7am. It was lovely and quiet with no wind and the sun was trying to peak through. I had my route planned in my head but as ever my mind wanders and took a different route on the last leg back home. The lines are still dry and easy going and so are the off road sections. There was a few damp patches in places with the overnight rain but by no means any mud. On the way out of Bishop Auckland the sun decided to come out completely and the temperature shot up from 8 degrees to nearly 16 degrees so it was time to peel off my arm warmers. The bike went well but needs a wash, dry, lube, charge and two new pairs of brake pads fitting, that is todays job after I have done some blog work. Below are a few photos from the ride. All in just over 35 miles with ave 13.1mph with 1600ft of climbing. Enjoy and hopefully more soon- 








A nippy start to teh morning











No sure what is going on in the field, never seen nowt like it





Temperature has nearly doubled now from the start








No comments:

Post a Comment