17 August 2022

Ride of two halves up to Parkhead, Weardale on the C2C

 


Todays ride was back to normal conditions for here in Co Durham. The forecasted thunder storms and three days of rain never come. At the most we had some heavy drizzle which was on and off. which was just enough to dampen the ground in places. Todays ride was a lovely simple out and back taking in two of Co Durham's old railway lines. It was cool heading off up to Consett with the Garmin dropping to single figures. It warmed up a little when I was on the moors heading towards Parkhead. My feet were not touching the pedals and I was flying. Once I turned at the top I can understand why, I had a massive headwind on the way back down. The lines were lovely and quiet going up but a few more out and about on the way back down. Once I reached Lancheter on the return leg the sun was beating down and the temperature shot up to 17 degrees so I had to stop and remove my arm warmers. All in 40 miles on the nose with only 1600ft of climbing. Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 
































No comments:

Post a Comment