31 August 2022

Gentle spin up Weardale n back - Autumn has arrived early

 


I was up in Stanhope for work so popped my Cannondale Synapse Neo in the back for a gentle spin out. I set away up the back road from Stanhope to Daddry Shield then crossed over the bridge and took the very lumpy back road up to the other side of Cowshill. I then took the main road back to St Johns Chapel. I was going to keep on the main road back to Stanhope but turned right and took the back country lane instead. There was not one car passed me the whole ride, its unreal up there and the views are amazing. Its been a while since I have ventured around upper Weardale on the road bike and need to get up there more often. The weather was a right old mixed back for overcast and cloudy to the sun poking through for a few minutes. I had a canny stiff headwind all the way back and the temperature was dropping. I just back in time before the heavens opened and rain was bouncing off the tarmac. I tried out my Assos Spring Fall long sleeved jersey, in fact I had my sleeveless base layer, LS winter jersey and gilet on and I was not that warm or sweaty! Below are a few snaps from the 21 mile ride with 1700ft of climbing. Enjoy and hopefully more soon. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment