14 August 2022

Fresh Goods Sunday - Assos Chamois Creme 140ml

 


I have tried a few different nappy creams (as I call them) over the years and some have done nothing and some are just a real mess to apply. I bought this one a few years ago now and I must admit I don't use it for most of the year just when it get really hot and sweaty. I don't really suffer from sore bits, not sure if it the saddles and or shorts I use but I normally get away without any cream. Some riders swear by the stuff and put it on before every ride, must cost them a small fortune but if it helps then money well spent. The Assos cream is the best by far I have ever used. It is just the right consistency and it is no sticky, too thick and very little smell. You don't have to apply too much as it spreads / rubs in well. Some people apply to their shorts pad insert and some people apply to their body, I do the later. There is slight tingling / cooling feeling a few a few minutes of applying but that soon goes. Once out riding I cannot notice I have applied anything and does take away the rubbing / soreness which you can feel after a good few hours in the saddle. 

RRP £14.00 and I paid £13.99 from Specialized Concept Store Harrogate 

Since buying this one Assos have changed the pot and is now 200ml with an rrp of £20 but again shop around you can get it for £16.50

Manufacturers blurb - 
ASSOS’ legendary chamois crème is a pre-ride necessity that reduces friction-caused irritation, rehydrates and replenishes the skin, and minimizes the risk of saddle sores
hafing and saddle sores are common problems for professional and amateur cyclists alike, so we specifically engineered a lubricating cream that relieves both issues. Moisturizing with a slight cooling sensation, ASSOS Chamois Crème is the perfect viscosity to reduce friction, endure your longest rides, and thoroughly wash out without damaging or staining your chamois. We’ve perfected the formula over decades to become the industry benchmark for this staple of the cyclist’s toolkit.








No comments:

Post a Comment