21 August 2022

Durham Villages local road loop with a few clicks

 


After a bad nights sleep, feeling rough and a dicky belly I decided to drag my road Creo out for one of my favourite shorter road loops. The route is lovely first thing on Sunday morning when there is very little traffic on the roads. We had some very heavy rain showers last night so some of the roads were damp in places but were drying out very quickly. My legs were also not feeling it either on the hills so I just plodded away at a steady pace. The weather started off cool around 10 degrees with little wind then the sun came out after Cassop so the second half the of the ride felt warmer but the wind also picked up for the return leg. The bike was going well, no problems, just needs a wash, dry and charge up now. Today is the second time I have worn my new Assos MILLE GT Airblock gilet/vest and its probably the most comfortable / impressed piece of cycle clothing I have bought for a long time. More on this in a Fresh Goods Sunday soon. 
All in just under 31.50 miles in 2 hours 1 minute, average speed 15.5mph with 1800ft of climbing so even though I thought I was taking it steady that was a good time for that loop for me. Below is a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment