23 March 2020

Weekend catch up inc Local Durham village road loop & ready for lockdown

I will start with Sundays ride. I had planned on going up Weardale but changed my mind and just stopped local. The forecast was good but looking out the window early on it was not. So I left the house a little later on the Cannondale Synapse Neo 1 e bike. Its been a few weeks since I have done a 100% tarmac loop / ridden this bike. I called in past Durham crem to see the new plaque for my mum and dad then continued on with my local Durham village loop. The roads were lovely and quiet and not many people out and about either.
There was a cold stiff breeze in places and with no sun it was a mainly chilly ride. The sun did try and come out a couple of times but did not last long.
All in I covered 32 miles in 2hours 5 mins and climbed just under 2000ft. Below are a few snaps from the ride and more on a walk me and Jane did Saturday and the Lockdown Turbo has landed.
















 
After Jane dropped the van off for its mot on Saturday morning me and Jane went out for a hike for an hour. The sun was blazing away and was a lovely morning for a hike out. We covered just over 7500 steps in the hour on out own!  
 








Well I think Boris is going to announce very soon when the lockdown is going to start, if I was a betting man I would probably say it will be this weekend or the beginning of next week, wait and see. I have a very old basic turbo which I don't like to use really so thought well this is an ideal time to upgrade when we are trapped in the house for weeks / months on end. I should get it up and running this week just to make sure its working ok etc.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment