11 March 2020

Another sunny but very windy local ride from Hetton.

I was working over on the coast so came back Hetton way and called in past the Hetton Lyons Country Park.
I picked up the old railway line National Route 1, I think its the first time I have done this section of the line and I certainly have not missed anything! I got down to Shotton Collierley Community Centre road crossing and that was it. The line is ripped right up with motorcross bikes, massive muddy puddles, big rocks all over the place, loads of burnt out stuff, litter, broken glass was unreal. It was good Cinder Track training though! I had planned on going all the way down to Castle Eden, turning then coming back the same way but could not be bothered.
I come back via the road and that was not very enjoyable either! The wind was unreal, 45+mph, nearly got blew off the bike a couple of times from side gusts. Once back to Hetton Lyons I was going to do the turbine / Farm loop but thought better of it due to the wind.
Below are a few sunny snaps, hopefully back out again soon in less windy and better riding conditions -















No comments:

Post a Comment