15 March 2020

Fresh Goods Sunday - E Thirteen BSA 100mm bottom bracket


Firstly I would like to apologise for the lack of Fresh Goods Sunday blogs over the last couple of weeks but I have been very busy selling the fleet of bikes. I have now sold nine and got four left - Kona Hei Hei, Cannondale Super X Hi Mod, Cannondale Beast of East 1, Norco Search Ultegra Carbon.
Before I sold the Salsa Beargrease alu bike I bought another new E Thirteen bb for it. Due the E Thirteen crank spindle being oversized you are very limited to the bb that you can fit. This is the latest version and looks like the bearing covers have been improved so will hopefully last longer than the previous design / bb's. Swapping over the bb is straight forward (if you have the correct tools inc E Thirteen bb tool) as I always copper slip all the threads, grease the spindle etc etc. I had the old one out and the new one fitted and adjusted in less than 15 minutes. The bloke that bough the bike lives in Peebles and took it around Glentress the following day after he picked it up, animal!
RRP £74.95 (unreal lemon peel!) and I paid £34.64.

 




















No comments:

Post a Comment