22 March 2020

Fresh Goods Sunday - Shimano Dura Ace Ice Tech Freeza Centre-Lock Rotor SM-RT900 160mm PART 2


Couple of weeks early this time last year I fitted a pair of these rotors to my Cannondale Synapse NEO 1 E bike. It changed the look of the bike as the Ultegra rotors were the only bright silver parts on the bike, apart from the logos of the frame. Over a year later they have stopped me on all occasions when required and have had no problems what so ever. to be honest there is nothing wrong with the Ultegra models and they work just as well. I cannot notice any difference in stopping power / heat reduction etc between the two models apart from one is sliver and cheaper than the more expensive black Dura Ace model.
Moving onto the Spec Creo SL, I was going to leave the Ultegra ones on the existing wheels that come with the bike as they blend in better with this bike as it has more silver parts but if and when my Roval deep section carbon wheelset lands I will be after a pair of Dura Ace rotors to go on them so bought them early. I must admit that they look better than the Ultegra ones after I swapped them over onto the wheels and fitted the wheels to the bike.
Fitting only takes a couple of minutes if you have the correct tool to loosen / tighten the locking collar. Way quicker than swapping 6 bolt rotors. You cannot use the Shimano lock ring of the rear as the Spec speed sensor is built into the lock ring.

Here is a link to the first pair that I bought for the Cannondale Synapse NEO 1 -  HERE

RRP £69.99 and I paid £47.99 (inc 2 day delivery), less than what I paid for them 13 months ago!

















 
I also cleaned both sides of the new braking surfaces on the rotors with some new brake cleaner I bought from Boyes, cheap as chips for a massive can!





No comments:

Post a Comment