15 April 2023

Update of Specialized Creo Warranty Claim and a Panaracer GravelKing repair

 


Well I have had an update the after the bank holiday weekend from Evans Cycles - Specialized UK covered the claim for labour and parts. Evans received the new wiring harness yesterday and replaced the old one, did all the updates again and the fault code was still there and no power from the motor. Dan from Evans rang Specialized and they said it would need a new motor. Specialized UK don't have any in stock in the country at the mo 2-4 weeks on coming in. So Dan had a spare brand new boxed motor from a warranty claim they did last year. He swapped over the motor and job was a good'un. The bike has power assist again. I picked it up yesterday afternoon but have not been out on it yet, all in 12 days with 5 days being bank holidays / weekends to get repaired. Considering I bought this one from BikeScene Guisborough I cannot fault the excellent service from Dan at the Durham branch, top lad.  


Moving onto some repairs of my self, the last time I went out on gravel Creo with my road wheels set on I suffered from a cut to the rear tyre. I lost all the Stans from the tyre and it sprayed all over the bike. I stripped the tyre off the wheel and cleaned / dried the area of the cut. It is only very small on the inside so I sanded it down and glued on a patch. After leaving it to dry, refitted the tyre and poured in some fresh Stans. The tyre took some seating back onto the rim but got there in the end. All is good again and its ready to rock n roll on some country lanes around Co Durham. 





No comments:

Post a Comment