7 April 2023

A road loop around Pontop Pike & Burnhope Transmitters

 


After yesterdays ride on mainly country lanes loop the bike was up the eyes in mud etc so I gave it a good, clean and lube inc a charge up last night. I left my road wheel set on so when I woke this morning with the sun blazing through the curtains I thought it would be great to get back out again for another road loop. I set off down the cycle track on the edge of A167 to Chester Le Street as last Sunday when everything went wrong. This time when I was climbing out of the market place to South Pelaw I had plenty power from the bike but the back wheel felt soft and was bouncing about. I pulled over and Stans had been spraying everywhere and had covered the bike. It had half sealed the cut in the tyre so I put a 16g CO2 cartridge into the tyre and set away again. A mile or so later I checked it again and it had sealed more so I continued with my planned route. I also noticed that my Garmin heart rate monitor strap was reading very low and cutting out now and again. This did not affect my ride so decided to have a look at than when I got back home. I thought the roads would have been quiet as it was 7.30am on a Good Friday but I was wrong. The traffic was busy every where inc the back country lanes where I never hardly see any cars. Not too worry the sun was shinning and there was still a strong wind making it hard going in places. All in just under 30 miles in 2hrs 6 min with 2100ft of climbing. enjoy and hopefully more soon - 


















No comments:

Post a Comment