16 April 2023

An early Sunday morning spin around Durham & Maiden Castle on the XC mtb whippet

 


Yesterday I decided to have a day off from cycling so took the wife out for a spin down to Hartlepool and Seaton Carew. We have never been to Hartlepool or Seaton Carew before. It is not too far away for us. It started off cloudy but when we dropped down to Seaton the sun came out and there was a little breeze but it was a beautiful day for a walk up and down the coastal track before having a lovely ice cream then headed home. 
Today the forecast was cloudy and overcast all day so I took my Trek Procaliber 9.8 out for a loop down, around Durham and over to Maiden Castle. A loop around the river banks at Maiden Castle before heading up The Trod and back down to Durham then home via Frankland, The Sands then The Carrs. The sun did burn through and made it rather hot home ward leg. The Garmin ranged from 5.8 degrees to 15.2 degrees! My legs felt ok today apart from the steeper clicks but just spun away enjoying the weather. All in 15 miles on the nose with just under 700ft of climbing. Once I was back I gave the bike a wash, dry and lube. I then decided to get my Park Tool stand set up, get the scales out and weigh the bike, more on this soon in an up coming blog. Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon - 





























No comments:

Post a Comment