24 April 2023

A very muddy and cold spin around Durham and Stonebridge area on the Cube E Mtb

 


I did not get out on the bike at the weekend - 
Saturday we had a spin through to Bishop Auckland for the food festival and some shopping and it was cold and wet to say the least! 
Sunday was supposed to be the same so planned to trip over to Team Valley to pick up some new led lighting for my garage and a look around Machine Mart at Lobley Hill as I had a vat free voucher to use! The weather was great and the sun even came out before the rain at tea time onwards. 

Today it was forecast rain from 11am onwards so I was up and out fitting my new mudguards just after 7am. Then I was off down to Durham and did some of my normal loop in reverse before trying to ride through Houghall woods. All the tracks n trails are now over ankle deep in wet sticky mud. I then had a ride over to the Stonebridge and under the viaduct and up the country lane to pick up the old railway line back to Broompark. I then turned off at Baxters Woods and home via the back way around Whitesmocks, New College then The Carrs. I was covered from head to toe in mud by now and feeling rather cold. The ride started off sunny and not too cold but it clouded over and I had two heavy rain showers with the Garmin dropping to 2.3 degrees. Its going to be May next week! Its the first time in over two years since the older Cube e mtb has been out on the trails. No problems what so ever, just goes to show you how good the Bosch system is and some reasonably good quality component's. 
Below are a few snaps from the 21 mile ride with 1400ft of climbing. Enjoy and hopefully more soon - 


























No comments:

Post a Comment