18 April 2023

Another spin around Upper Teesdale - High Force & Cow Green Reservoir

 


This is a follow on from my Teesdale / reservoir hunting ride last week. As I only had one left to ride to I did some more research on the roads / lanes etc before heading out this week. It was a simple enough route riding from Middleton  in Teesdale up to to the turn off for Cow Green reservoir. Then following the back lane all the way up to the reservoir area. I did some exploring on the tarmacked surfaces / lanes when I was up there before heading back down. On the way up I had a massive tailwind and the sun was beating off my back and I was hot to say the least. On the way back down I had a massive headwind and had to pedal nearly all the way down the descent! by now all the sweat had froze and it was real nippy. I should have took my pertex for the return leg. I was going to do the small back lane loop up to Harwood but I just retraced my route back to Middleton in Teesdale. The roads were quiet but there was quite a few motorbikes out enjoying the good weather before next weeks forecasted rain. Below are a few sunny and warm looking snaps from the ride and a short video clip at the bottom. Enjoy and hopefully more soon - 











Not sure if that is the golf ball on top of Great Dunn Fell in the distance, that is another ride I need to tick off my list. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment