13 July 2020

Weekend Catch Up and some new goodies

What a weekend we have had, we have never stopped! It was Janes birthday on Friday so we decided to have our first day out as such on Saturday since the start of lock down. We headed down to Harrogate early morning and the A1M was lovely and quiet. We parked up and went for breakfast at Spoons and that was also lovely and quiet. After that we hit the shops for some retail therapy as they say! I had a look around Prologue bike shop - some lovely and very expensive kit in there to drool over! and Specialized Concept Store which looked like it had been robbed, hardly any stock left at all! but there was some lovely kit in there as well! I had to keep my hands in my pockets apart from a new 750ml water bottle.
We also had a walk around the town and that has gone right down hill since we were last there in Nov. Loads of shops have closed / empty retail and food outlets. Still a lovley day out. No afternoon tea at Bettys as they are not opening until the 27th July so we had a walk down the hill to another coffee shop and got well and truly ripped off! I was going to call in past Chevin Cycles on the way back but missed the turning in so kept heading home.
Yesterday was catch up day around the house etc, washed, degreased, dried, charged and lubed up the Creo SL, cleaned out my van, gardening and jobs around the house, 14 hours later I sat down! shattered and no time for cycling.
This week the forecast was supposed to be red hot and dry well as I am typing this its lashing rain but warm and the forecast is cloudy and not so warm this week, not too worry.

 
I also bought a copy of these magazines as well -


This is a new mag to market all about E Bikes

 
and I bought this months Cycling Plus as they have a huge article / review on the new Cannondale Carbon Topstone Lefty! cannot wait to have a read on what they say about this bike.





No comments:

Post a Comment