9 July 2020

New Schwable Inner tubes & servicing Ritchey WCS XC spd pedals

Even though I run all my bikes on tubeless system now I always carry at least one spare inner tube just case the Stans does not seal a puncture. Since I fitted my new deep section DT Swiss wheelset I only had one spare inner tube which was the right size / fitted so I ordered some new replacements. I tired a couple of local bike shops but no one stocked this rare combination!
Good old Spa Cycles came to rescue - 700c x 28-45mm width and 60mm long presta valve. So I now have a new spare inner tube in the seat pack and one in the tool bottle and a 3rd spare in the van for just in case situations. I have the older spare in the garage as a fourth back up.  Yes I know I could have used shorter valve tubes with an extender but I am not keen on them and have some major failures using extenders when out on ride.






I also decided to service my Ritchey WCS XC pedals. It is a simple job - 6mm allen key and some good quality grease. Unscrew the end caps, one is the opposite thread, smear in new grease and some new grease in the end cap and screw back on the pedal body gently. All the old grease will flush through at the opposite end, if this does not come through the first time repeat again until the grease flushes through. I do this every 4 months or so. Keeps the bearings nice and smooth.



No comments:

Post a Comment