8 July 2020

Mainly Garvel 35 mile local loop in the cold, cloud and wind!


Todays early morning ride was a longer loop and mainly on the old railway lines. I picked up the Broompark to Consett line at Baxters Farm. From there I headed straight up to Consett. It was not that warm but the climb was warming me up. Once at Consett the sun did try to come out but that was short lived. From Consett I picked up the line to Sunderland but came off at the Birtley junction. From there it was through Chester Le Street then the A1657 cycle path all the way home. The lines are running reasonably fast but still damp / muddy in places. There was not many people out today and the Garmin was reading around 9 to 11 degrees. I had a head wind for most of the downhill from Consett to Birtley which made it feel even colder. The bike and my legs were going well and enjoyed the ride apart from the cold, could have worn my arm warmers! Below are a few snaps, not many as I had my head down! All in 35 miles in 2hr 25 min, ave 14.4mph and climbed nearly 1400ft. Enjoy and hopefully more soon but saying that there is two days on near continuous rain coming!



New sock day!













No comments:

Post a Comment