15 July 2020

Specialized Creo SL - Converting the orginal wheels in to a spare road wheelset


Since I fitted the new DT Swiss carbon wheelset to the Creo I have never really looked at the original wheels that I just hung up. So today I took them off the hook and gave them a good clean and had a sort through my spares box. I found the original Ultegra disc rotors and the Sunrace cassette and fitted them. The rims already had the tubeless valves and tape left on. I have a bottle of Stans so that side was sorted. I had a look through my tyre box and found a new Specialized Roubaix Pro 2 Bliss 32c tyre. I fitted that dry to see what is was like in the bike. The width was measuring 34mm on the DT Swiss rim. I also had a spare WTB 32c used tyre and also fitted that dry to see what it was like. I am not sure what width tyre to buy, I don't want to go too wide as it will be draggy on pure tarmac / road rides, so do I buy another Spec tyre to match the one I have or some Gravelking 35c or even 38c, they are all around the same price £28 each.
One thing I did over look was the speed sensor is built in to the rear disc rotor lockring! So I contacted Specialized Concept Store and they did not have a spare so they have ordered the one and only from their HQ and should be here within a week or so, excellent service and very helpful lads down at Harrogate.
So, hopefully that will cost me around £38 (one tyre + sensor) to get the wheels back into use again. Once I am up and running I will start to use this bike on the less hilly road rides that I do around County Durham.












No comments:

Post a Comment