1 January 2023

New Years Day - ride back from Sedgefield Park Run + Fresh Goodies - Assos socks & Cracked CC Edt 31 Magazine

 


Yesterday Angus did the Park Run at Hamsterley Forest and I was going to go through for a ride but it was too wet and cold. Today after he had been to the gym he was going to Sedgefield Park Run  so I said I would pop my bike in the back of his van and have a ride back. The forecast was dry but it started raining on the way down but cleared up by the time we got there. There must have been a big rain shower down there as the roads had a 1/4" of standing water on them not to mention all the rain through the night. There was loads piling into the car park for the run so I headed off back home. I should have took my Cannondale Synapse Neo as it has full winter guards fitted. The spray was unreal and I was getting wet. The big downtube on the Creo saves a lot of spray from the front wheel but I only have a standard Ass Saver on the rear and does not offer much protection. The roads were reasonably quite but I hit every set of traffic lights on red coming back, very stop / start which  I don't like. It was pretty much a direct route back so was 14 miles on the nose with 800ft of climbing in 50 mins, ave speed 16.6mph. Below are a couple of snaps, I only stopped in Durham on North road. 
After getting changed into some dry warm clothing the sun decided to pop out for a short while so I washed, dried, oiled and fettled four bikes- ready for more road, gravel and off road action. Enjoy and hopefully more soon- 













Also when I was down in Harrogate I bought a new pair of Assos Summer socks which match my Assos mtb SS jersey. These will only come out when its bone dry and no mud! 



I picked up the latest copy of Cranked CC magazine Edt 31 from WH Smiths yesterday. Just need to find the time and spend a few hours getting a start on it. 




Forecast looking a lot better tomorrow so we are planning on doing our New Years day hike a day latter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment