9 January 2023

Spin down the east coast - got lost and ended up in Hartlepool!

 


Today I was over on the east coast side of County Durham so I hoped onto the old railway line at Shotton and headed south. I knew the line split further down, turning right down to Wynyard Visitors Centre where I intended to go passing the reservoir but I must have missed / not seen the turning and kept left and headed out of County Durham and into Hartlepool district. This is the first time I have ever done this leg of the old railway line and as much of the east goes there is not too scenery. The line was really muddy, uneven and covered in littler in most places. I followed some blue cycle route signs towards Hartlepool but did not seem to be getting away where fast so I turned off left and found the coast - Spion Kop. The return leg was even harder as I had a massive headwind all the way back. I also lost the little bit of sunshine I had and turned really cold. The Garmin dropped to 4 degrees. There was a few others out and about but not too many. Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 




























No comments:

Post a Comment