15 January 2023

Sunday morning local road ride - Durham Villages loop

 


Well the rain was not as bad as what they said yesterday so after 5 hours doing jobs in the house yesterday morning we nipped over to Seaham for a walk along the coast. Where it was sunny it was rather nice but in the shade and  the windy parts it was baltic. 
Today I decided to go out on the roads as there was no frost / ice and the sun was trying to get out. I decided to do my Durham Villages loop as it is normally nice and quiet on a Sunday morning. To start with the roads were quiet but they were busy coming back in. I had a couple of close passes, the second one was within a foot of my handlebars! The wind was back again and had a canny headwind all the way back as well. The roads conditions were not too bad with not alot of standing water but plenty road salt out on the furthest part of the loop but what did slow me down was every set of traffic lights were on red, never managed to get through one set without stopping ggrr. I will hose down the bike and dry it before putting it away and giving it a charge up. All in just under 31.5miles in 2hrs 2mins with 2000ft of climbing. Below are a few snaps enjoy and hopefully more soon -











No comments:

Post a Comment