29 January 2023

Local road loop taking in Pontop Pike & Burnhope Transmitters.

 


I decided to take the road bike out this morning as there was no overnight frost or ice. The roads are still very dirty with slat etc but on the whole reasonably dry this morning. I did my two transmitter route with a short cut at the end. Even though I was out early, just before sun rise there was loads of traffic on some of the roads. The back country lanes were a lot quieter. It was warmer when I left but by the time I hit Stanley it was just above freezing and I had a massive headwind all the way up to Stanley / Pontop Pike. On the plus side I had a tailwind along the top fast road to Tow Law.  Below is a photo of the route and a short video clip of the flags blowing in the wind at Pelton golf club. All in just over 30 miles with 2300ft of climbing in 2hrs 1 min. Below are also some snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon - 
















No comments:

Post a Comment