20 January 2023

A spin around Durham on the Trek Procaliber with Travers Bikes EVO Prong Carbon Rigid Forks

 


Another day and another spin out on the bike. This time I took my Trek Procaliber hardtail mtb out for a short local spin down to Durham. I have not been out on this bike for a good few weeks and was needing to try out my new Travers Bike rigid forks. I fitted them around the New Year but not been out to give them the maiden voyage. There is still snow and plenty ice around but its warming up. The Garmin topped out at 2 degrees today with plenty of cloud and a couple of sunny spells. Very little wind which was a big bonus. The route was my usual down to Durham, around the river banks and over to Maiden Castle, up The Trod then back around Durham, up and around Frankland before heading home. All in 14.5 miles with 700ft of climbing. 
First impressions of the forks are spot on, I can say I have not missed the suspension but I need to drop the air pressure down in the front tyre, it seemed too firm. It has defo lightened up the bike. Lifting it over the railway bridge near the start of the ride was no hassle. The front end felt very light but not floaty if you know what I mean. After a few more rides I will do a Fresh Goods Sunday blog on them. 
Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 



















No comments:

Post a Comment