26 January 2023

A local mainly gravel loop on some of Co Durham's old railway lines

 


Yesterdays ride was around the loop I did last week but with a lot less ice and snow this time. The increase in temperatures over the last couple of days is slowly thawing the ground and all the frost is coming up and out of the old railway lines now which leaves a soft top with a cold black slurry mix. It was dry in some places but the paste is a killer on brake pads etc. I must try rising this loop in the opposite direction as I always seem to ride it anti clockwise - Crook - Willington - Broompark - Stanley Crook. If I do it again next week I will give it a go. I think the climbs might be harder but I will have same amount of feet climbed. All in just over 17 miles with 1000ft of climbing. With the better ground conditions I was 6 minutes faster this week. Below are some rather overcast and cloudy photos from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 













No comments:

Post a Comment