5 January 2023

A local gravel loop taking in two of Co Durham's old railway lines

 


It was time to hit the old railway lines of Co Durham again. It was one of my regular local loops - over to Broompark to pick up the line to Crook then the road to Willington. I turn left at the Coop to pick up the line back to Broompark then back. The lines are wet and muddy in places but some parts are dry. The weather was mainly dry with little wind but very overcast and cloudy. It was spitting rain on the way back in and I also got a slow puncture in the front tyre with 4 miles to go, ggrr. I did not stop as it was ok on the straights, just had to slow right down for any corners and try and keep the weight on the back of the bike. There was quite a few others out n about considering the crappy weather. I climbed 1300ft with an average speed of 12.9mph. Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon. 















No comments:

Post a Comment