3 March 2024

Fresh Goods Sunday - Endura BaaBaa Merina Winter Sock


I bought these socks along with some Endura MTR Winter socks from Alpine Bikes many years ago. I used the MTR model after I wore out my Mavic Inferno socks. Both the Mavic and Endura MTR socks lasted for a good few winters and were really good quality and comfortable. 
The MTR ones were also starting to get thin and worn out so moved on to the BaaBaa Winter version Autumn / Winter 2023. These are a lot thinner than my previous winter socks but still very comfortable. The ankle length is spot on for me and they wash ok. On the downside they are no where near as warm and that is the whole point of winter socks for me. I wear them with both road and mtb versions of Northwave Artic boots which I have used for a very long time now. In colder temperatures below say - minus 1-2 degrees and below they just don't keep my feet warm. I am quite disappointed with them but then again I did pay just over a tenner for them. I am a size 8 to 8.5 and the S-M size fits perfectly, not too tight and baggy. 
The newer model now has a rrp of £19, comes in seven colours and two different sizes, S-M size 5 to 8.5 and L-XL size 9 to 12.5. Unless they have changed the material to a thicker / warmer one I would not be spending £19 on them. 

RRP £15.00 and I paid £10.50 from Alpine Bikes. 30% discount. (New rpp £18.99)

Manufacturers Blurb - 
Design Philosophy
The absolute best of both worlds, the BaaBaa Merino Winter Sock combines the great insulative and odour controlling properties of merino and the excellent moisture management properties of synethic fibres, keeping your feet warm and comfortable throughout your ride.
  • Merino blend for soft, itch-free comfort
  • High warmth to weight ratio even when wet
  • Stretch arch support
  • Long cuff for extra warmth
  • Easycare machine wash
  • Padded sole for extra comfort
  • Single pack
Material:
  • Nylon 3%, Elastane 23%, Wool 37%, Acrylic 37%




No comments:

Post a Comment