23 March 2024

A local gravel ride in the sun & 40+mph wind to Bishop Auckland n back.

 


Me and Jane have had a very busy week with estate agents for Janes dads property but yesterday we had a day off and with the forecast looking cracking we had a drive over to Penrith via Weardale / Alston / Hartside both directions. We had a lovely day over in Penrith and the weather was a mixed bag coming over the tops on the way back. 
Today I had to call in past Arbour Timber at Langley Moor to get some keys cut then hoped onto the old railway to Bishop Auckland. The line has dried up lovely but the 40+mph wind was a killer to say the least. The sun was out but it felt really cold but I had plenty of layers on. I called in past the Gold man before popping in to Inspiral Cycles to pick up my order. I had more of a tailwind on the way back and the line was still very quiet. The bike was going well with no problems and it was the driest ride I have had in a very long time. I did not even have to wash it when I got back home.
That will not last long as the BBC is forecasting five solid days of back to back rain all next week. Below are a few sunny snaps, all in 18.5 miles in 1hr 22mins with 800ft of climbing. Enjoy and hopefully more soon - 







No comments:

Post a Comment