18 March 2024

A slightly different mainly offroad route taking in Cox Green, Penshaw, Shiney Row & Lambton

 


First time out on the bike in a good few days with a lot of recent rain and when we have had a drier period I have been working on the house outside. 
Last night I checked the forecast and it was dry so I looked out the bike and gave it a once over and sorted out all my kit so I was ready to go for an early morning spin. It was fresh going down the cycle track on the A167 with the sun rise to my right, the Garmin was reading just over 3 degrees. I had a loop in mind with the return leg I have not ridden for many years. I looked at some of my old routes on Garmin Connect to check if I could remember certain parts. After Cox Green the tracks n trails over to Fence Houses have not changed much and I have not missed anything. They must be a big issue over that way with quad bikes ripping around as everything is torn up and massive ruts where they have been. I have not seen this to that level for a very long time. 
The sun was mainly out for most of the ride which made it much more enjoyable and a stiff'ish breeze. By e time I was climbing out of Finchale Priory towards Brasside the Garmin was now over 9 degrees and I was warm! Everywhere was lovely and quiet inc the inter linking short road sections. Below are a few snaps from the ride inc the route. All in just over 24 miles in 2hrs 1min with 1100ft of climbing. Enjoy and hopefully more soon- 































No comments:

Post a Comment