31 March 2024

Easter Sunday - Local road ride - Longer loop around the hills inc Pontop Pike & Burnhope

 


After nearly another full day sorting out my second loft including three trips to the tip, laying another three bags of 200mm insulation that was enough for all of us. 
Today the forecast was looking good again so I decided to get back out on my Creo 1 road bike as I had not washed it from the ride on Good Friday but it was charged up. I decided to do the same route but with two extra rather hilly loops. I wanted to get some extra climbing and length into the route. I set away and there was a ground frost with the grass white with frost and the Garmin was hovering just above 0 degrees! Once I started climbing up to Stanley the temperature had shot up. Within a hour of leaving it went from 0 to 10 degrees! I was overlayered so stopped and took one layer off and my gloves to try and cool my top half down. There was a few cars on the roads but not too busy, plenty of motor bikes heading for the Easter Egg Bunny run that they do ever year for charity. I wanted to do a extra third loop but I did not fit my range extender battery and would have been touch n go if the main battery would have lasted. All in 40.5 miles, 3200ft of climbing in 2hrs 49mins. Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 




















No comments:

Post a Comment