24 March 2024

Fresh Goods Sunday - Kask Valegro Road Helmet (Large Black)

 


I normally wear two or three helmets during the year. I have one for the winter which is bigger to allow for my 45nrth merino cap which I normally wear all season which adds a fair amount of extra circumference. I have a summer road helmet and a summer mtb helmet which has a peak on which I use for offroad / gravel rides when its really sunny. 
I have always struggled to get helmets to fit my shaped head. My head is more round than an oval shape which causes problems for me with most manufacturers as they tend to be too tight on the width and nip my head. I used MET helmets for most of my riding years but the last two helmets have not been MET. I like to try on helmets before buying them due to my fit problems so don't buy on line. 
MET is harder and harder to find in local shops apart from the lower range models. I tend to find every model from the same manufacturer has a slightly different fit / shape even though they state the cm circumference per size. 
So last year when Infinity Cycles were having there sell off they had some old stock helmets for sale. I have never tried a Kask or owned a Kask before. I tried this Valegro model on in size large and it was big on head, even by my standards so I thought that would be a great replacement for my old Cannondale winter helmet. I can wear any of my winter caps, hats, head bands etc underneath and my head is not squeezed in any direction. The look of the helmet is ok and has plenty of cut outs / vents. The adjustment system on the chin strap is more faffie than Met as the chin strap is rubber coated but on the plus side it does not loosen and have to be re tensioned ever ride or so. The rear has the adjustable dial and two adjustments on the sliding retention system. 
You can probably tell I am not one for look, style, colour, areo qualities of helmet's. As long as it fits and functions that keeps me happy. The build quality and feel of the materials used are good quality and the foam cushion strips inside are quite thick. It feels light enough and has 240g on the label. You also get a helmet bag in the box. 
The rrp was £169 but has gone up to £185 now. I personally would not spend that amount of money on this helmet but as ever shop around as there are some cracking deals on last years models / colour ranges. I paid £50 which was a total bargain but the date stamp is 2/2018! 

RRP £185.00 and I paid £50.00 from Infinity Cycles Discount 73%

Manufacturers Blurb - 

The profile of Valegro's polycarbonate shell has been tested and refined by KASK’s engineers in conjunction with a wind-tunnel to get the best results in thermo-cooling performance. The Valegro offers superb ventilation and an impressive weight of just 180g. This design offers maximum cooling through 37 ventilation holes with new breathable and quick-dry padding. Alongside this cutting edge technology, the chin pad with eco-leather strap contributes to a helmet that’s comfortable to wear all day, every day.
 
The Valegro has been developed and tested in cooperation with Team SKY, Valegro is designed to offer the best comfort ventilation when climbing or riding in hot conditions.

Specification
  • Weight: 180g (small)
  • 3D Dry padding for a neat, comfortable on-bike experience
  • Octo fit rubberised micro dial adjuster secures fit easily and allows on the bike adjustability
  • Eco leather chinstrap offers a plush and comfortable fit
  • In-Moulding technology assures a far better level of shock absorption
  • Antistatic structure reduces helmet hair
  • Anti-bacterial padding
  • Highly breathable with fast wicking internal lining and 36 air vents
  • Head to pad contact reduced by 70%
  • Helmet bag included
  • CE EN 1078 














No comments:

Post a Comment